Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Teaching With Technology


What are some of the ways we use technology in our classrooms? The first thing that comes to mind of course, is the computer. However, the computer isn't the only piece of technology used in our classrooms today.


  • We use the tape recorders at our listening centers.

  • We use the DVD player.

  • What about the digital camera? What would a field trip be without it?

  • We would be lost without the printer.

  • The copier is a piece of technology. Oh, sometimes we really have a piece of . . . in our building. :)

The purpose of this blog is to discuss the different types of technology used in the classroom. How technology enhances the way we teach, and what effect technology has on learning.


What technology do you depend on the most in your classroom? Write back and let us all know!

3 comments:

John Gibson said...

I would have to say that one of the most frequently used technology I use in my class is the computer. Just because it is such a versatile tool.

Western History Center said...

until very recently, I used my iPod every day in my classroom... that is, until it grew legs and wandered away. Anyhoo, of course I use my computer and Smart board daily. I don't use a dvd or vcr, but of course I have arm-wrestled the evil copier of doom a few dozen times.

Krazy Dandelion said...

The most frequently used piece of technology that I use in my 3rd grade classroom is the VPU (Video Projection Unit). It's my pseudo smartboard, meaning that I'm trying to get it to function similar to a Smartboard until my funding source FINDS ME!!!! The other tech tool that I couldn't live without is our copy machine.
Where would we be without copiers?